Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cloud Hell

I'm a little concerned about the fact that nothing is written in stone these days.  All the Ancients from the Sumerians to the Egyptians drew pictures and wrote words and symbols that  we can read, see and touch thousands of years later.

But, we are far more technically advanced.

Really?

I have pictures, documents, files, videos that can not be opened, retrieved or re-hashed.

"It's in the cloud."  ...well, with that modern-day piece of tech advancement, I'm already missing files and important goodies I'll never see again.

I'm surrounded by some of the best tech people in the business, and none of them have programs to retrieve formats made from programs that are now obsolete.  (In tech world, that takes about a day...no, hour, no..)...as soon as technology is released, it's aleady being trumped by something 'newer'.

My point is, I don't think our civilization is doing anything to preserve our existence.  The problem is, most people don't even care.

No comments:

Post a Comment