Sunday, June 24, 2012

So You're A RAPPER wannabe

We were touring in Ohio several years ago, and backstage there was this "kid" acting all macho with his girlfriend, she was cool, but he was being a little ______.   He said, "hey man, rock & roll sucks, I listen to hip-hop, and I rap"... (you know, cuz the "hood" just outside of Cleveland he lived in is sooo much like Compton, right ; ) ?


So I made a LedZep reference & he said, yeah, they suck too.  So I told him, dude, your music wouldn't exist without those guys.  He said," that's BS".  So I asked who he listened to, he rattled off several songs and hip-hop groups, & guess what...most of it was sampled from LedZep.


Moral of the story, it's OK to dislike some forms of music, & don't get me wrong, there's TONS of hip-hop I like, but if you're gonna be LEGIT, know your ROOTS.  ~


THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment